The Crucible Critical Lens
Directions: As part of your final assessment of The Crucible, you will write a critical lens essay using The Crucible.
- At least four body paragraphs. Each body paragraph must relate the story to the quotation given using two literary elements
- In the introduction, agree/disagree with the quotation and state why, interpret the quote (put it in your own words).
- Refer to the play’s/short story’s author and title
- Do not summarize the story or play’s plot
- Use proper spelling, punctuation, and mechanics
“The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria” – Frank Herbert