Crucible: Act I Questions
1. What is Parris really concerned about? How do you know?
2. What has Elizabeth Proctor said about Abigail? Why is this important?
3. Why does Abigail claim that the Proctors fired her? Is she telling the truth? Explain your opinion.
4. What threat does Abigail make to the other girls? Why does she make this threat?
5. What happened in the past between John Proctor and Abigail? How do they feel about their association now?
6. What is the dispute between John Proctor and Thomas Putman? How could this affect the course of the play?
7. What does Giles Corey reveal to Reverend Hale? Why is this important?
8. What does Tituba do when she’s given an ultimatum? Why do the other girls act the way they do?